The Fellowship of Reconciliation works for a culture of nonviolence:
- a culture of unity, believing that every human has the same value and the same right to live
- a culture of solidarity, honoring the fundamental rights of every human being
- a culture of dialog, respecting divergent opinions and seeking common solutions
- a culture of trust, overcoming military hostility and replacing it with civil means of conflict resolution.
It is our deep conviction that only a society rooted in such a culture will be viable in the future.
In our own sphere we try to:
- protect the natural environment
- further a just economy
- raise our children without punishment.
German FOR rarely undertakes its own projects, but seeks rather to connect people who are committed to our aims. Their activities are supported by our main office in Minden.
Our professional peace secretary works for the demilitarization of society.
The newsletter "Versöhnung" (Reconciliation) informs about the work of our fellowship and contains articles of contemporary problems.
On our annual conference we discuss current topics, strengthen our commitment and plan our actions for the future.